You'll get your carding way!

When I was a student, with a storm of endless thoughts raging in my head, I didn't even think that I would discover a universal method that would help me make a career. I was never a fan of "lists" and I didn't carry a dictaphone in my bag so I wouldn't miss out on some new idea. But as time went on, I began to realize that for proper introspection, I always a) need to be honest with myself, and b) it's time to pick up a piece of paper and a pen. The first thing I started doing was cutting back. It was necessary to put in order their desires, goals and aspirations. There were too many things I wanted to achieve, and I wanted to do it immediately. Unfortunately, it is impossible to get everything at once, so I began to adhere to a certain scheme that has taken root well in the lives of my family, friends, and even among clients. First, I recommend writing down the top 5 or 6 most important goals you want to achieve in the next 90 days. Why so much? The main thing at this stage, as I mentioned above, is to reduce: the term and number of items in the list. Why? There are five or six goals, because, as we already know, consciousness it is not able to effectively cope with the excess of information. It's easy for him to focus on only a few tasks at a time. Of course, there is a good time and place for the so-called dream creation, when you get rid of all the limitations of thinking and time and indulge in bold and crazy thoughts. This exercise is good for expanding your mind's horizons and capabilities, but right now I want to talk about something else. Take a calendar and determine the nearest checkpoint in about 90 days. Ideally, this is the end of the quarter, but the end of the month will also work. If the end point occurs in 80 or 100 days, this is fine; the main thing is to be close to 90. Why is this important? Because for about that amount of time, a person can be very focused on one important goal without hitting the "reset button" and still see real progress.

Not for nothing that almost all diets or training programs are designed for about 90 days. A great example is the insanely popular home fitness program P90X. P stands for power, and X stands for Xtreme. In fact, this is a common marketing technique. But behind the number "90" there are serious scientific justifications. The program isn't called P10X, because you can't make much progress in 10 days, but it's also not called P300X: no one can stick to the program for so long without a break. By the way, why do you think Wall Street attaches such importance to companies ' quarterly financial statements?

Because that's exactly how long you can implement significant changes without losing your focus. In any important endeavor, a much shorter 90 — day period is too short to see real progress, and a much longer one is too long to see the finish line clearly. Study the next 90 days and put numbers from 1 to 6 on a piece of paper.You will write down 5-6 important goals that you want to achieve in 90 days. Now analyze all areas of your life: work, finances, physical health, mental/emotional state, family, community involvement, so that your list is comprehensive.

While you think about this information, I want to remind you about what makes a goal effective:

1. What you write down should be meaningful to you. These goals are yours and no one else's (!!), so be sure to record what you really want to achieve.

2. What you write down must be specific and measurable. We are talking about a 90-day program with an explicit deadline, so general phrases like "increase income", "lose weight" or "save money" are, to be honest, completely inappropriate. Friends, clearly define what exactly you intend to achieve during this period. How much money can I earn or save? How many kilograms to lose weight? How many kilometers to run? What will your sales be like (determine specific figures)? Your figures or details are not important to me, but I need to be specific. If you neglect this step, you will miss out on most of the opportunities that this process offers you.

3. Goals must be of the appropriate scale: they require effort, but they are also achievable from your point of view. Remember: you have about three months to do everything, and then you'll have to hang up. So choose goals of the appropriate scale. While doing this exercise, you will have to choose between the options" the goal is bolder, so that you have to strain "and" more modest, so that you can be safe". The choice depends on your experience and previous success. If you are used to achieving the main goal easily or are a little bored, then choose a bolder goal. If you are doing this for the first time, then you should choose a more modest goal.

4. Even if it is obvious, I will emphasize that goals should be written down. You will be doing yourself and me a disservice if you read all this and do nothing. I didn't say, "think about what you want to achieve in the next 90 days," I said, "write it down." I assure you that the coordinated work of the eyes, hands and brain raises the choice and design of goals to a qualitatively new level. So, write down your goals with a pen on paper, not just in your mind.

5. You will regularly review what you are currently writing, so be honest with yourself and create goals that you will be interested in achieving.

If you opened this particular article on my channel, I'm sure you need it, so it's time to get started! Take a pen and paper and write down your 5-6 most important goals for the next 90-100 days. Take as much time as you need to, and then go back to reading.

Define a key goal
Now you need to determine which of these goals is the most important for you. You might ask, " What is the key goal?" And that's great, because you've probably never considered your goals this way before. Your key goal is the one that most of your other goals support with serious commitment. When you look at your short list, you'll notice that there are connections between many goals you may even realize that some of them compete with each other. But I have personally found that in almost all cases, there is one goal that will help you achieve the desired results in all areas. Find this very goal.

Often, when a person reaches this stage, one of the goals he has written down catches his eye and seems to shout: Hey-hey-hey! Make me come true!

If you have already found this goal, just mark it in the list and then continue reading. If the key goal is not immediately visible, this is also normal. I myself often had to figure out which of my key goals was the key one, and what to focus my main efforts on. You need the one that is most likely to help you reach the others.

There are several options. Sometimes the achievement of a key goal indirectly triggers the implementation of others, almost automatically. Sometimes a key goal requires the achievement of others as an intermediate step or as an auxiliary tool. And sometimes a key goal can affect your life so much that you'll have the strength, confidence, and energy to break down any wall you encounter.

Conclusion: if the main effort is focused on a key goal, the subconscious mind actually accepts all these goals and the probability of achieving them increases significantly.

Confirm the reason
Now that you have one goal to focus on, it's time to answer the most important question: why? Why is it important for you to achieve it? Your intuition can tell you the answer. Sometimes the stars add up in such a way that it dawns on you. You say to yourself, " I don't need any extra reasoning. I've never felt so enthusiastic before, I'm raring to go! " If that's the case, great! Just write down your thoughts as a guide. If you don't have an epiphany, try to stimulate your thinking with these questions:

— Why do I want to achieve this?
— What will achieving this goal give me?
— How will I feel if I realize this goal? Self-confidence? Delight?Peace of mind? Inspiration? Power?
— How will achieving this goal help me become better or stronger? What do I need to grow up in?
— What else can I do with this result?

There are no wrong answers to the question "why", and the more of them you have, the better.

Visualize your goals
To focus and "adjust" your mind, you need to visualize goals. So far, all our manipulations have been related to making plans. Most of my clients don't even reach this stage at first, so you're clearly already a leader. Our subconscious mind is billions of times more powerful than our conscious mind. It thinks and works in many ways differently. One important key to the subconscious mind is to understand that it operates with images. Your conscious mind manages coherent, linear thoughts that follow one another (which even sound like sentences in your mind), and your subconscious mind, in fact, just sees pictures and persistently strives for them.

I recommend taking advantage of this: let your brain have something to look at! Give it images to work with. Sometimes I suggest that clients store images in a notepad or folder. Sometimes you can create a dream board and hang it on your workplace so that you can see all the images at once (now it's called something like a wish card). Many of my clients post images of their goals on their cards along with their affirmations. There are many ways to visualize your goals. Here I advise you to experiment and choose what suits you best.

Create auxiliary rituals
Don't be afraid dear subscribers, no one will have to sing hymns or sacrifice a lamb. To create a ritual, you will consciously build some automatic behaviors that will become linked to your goals. This is not just a trick I invented. Here are three books that have convincingly proven its value to me:
  • James Loehr and Tony Schwartz, "Life at Full Capacity"
  • Robert Cooper, "Don't Get In Your Way"
  • John Assaraf and Murray Smith, "The Answer"

The first two books helped me understand the scientific reasoning behind habits, and the third helped me create a step-by-step program that is now of great benefit to me and my clients. Do you know that most of your thoughts have become a habit? Dr. Deepak Chopra claims that more than 99% of the thoughts we have today are a repeat of yesterday's, and 99% of tomorrow's thoughts will be a repeat of today's. Actions are determined by thoughts, and many of them at work, in relation to health, finances are performed out of habit. They are brought to automatism. Remember what you do in the morning from the moment you wake up to when you go to work: how often is one morning like another? You put your feet on the floor, stand up unsteadily, brush your teeth, take a shower, drink coffee, get dressed, have breakfast (maybe), drink coffee again, check your email, drink coffee again, wake up the kids, make them breakfast, drink coffee again, and leave.

Keep track of your morning activities for several days, and it may come as a surprise to you how similar one day is to another. So, let's assume that you already have automatic behaviors; I advise you to perform them consciously for a while, and then replace them with new ones. There are two periods during the day when this will need to be done.

The first is as soon as you wake up in the morning. The first hour, or rather, the first few minutes, is a very good time to program your brain for success. At this time, it moves from sleep to wakefulness, and its waves are configured in such a way that your subconscious mind is exceptionally receptive to the "seeds of thoughts" that you will sow. Have you noticed how the first few minutes after you wake up can set the tone for the whole day? Have you ever gotten up on the wrong foot? Be careful, and you'll start to see practical connections between an effective start to the morning and your results throughout the day.

Most people miss this opportunity: in the morning we are either nervous for various reasons, or we move in a daze, not fully understanding what is happening. And many successful people purposefully use the beginning of the day to set their minds to focus on their dreams and goals.

The second period is when you need to program yourself for the last few minutes of your day. They are important in many ways for the same reasons as the first hour of wakefulness: this is a transitional phase for the brain. During the last hour before going to bed, take the opportunity to repeat your goals and some affirmations in the form of images, and then express gratitude for all the good things that happened during the day.