The businessman lost 2,7 million rubles because of fear of online banking

A businessman from Ontario became a victim of fraudsters who stole 38 thousand Canadian dollars (2.72 million rubles) from him using forged checks. According to local TV channel CTV News Toronto, the owner of a small company, Joe John, has always been suspicious of online banking, which is why criminals were able to breed him.

Over the past three decades, the entrepreneur has never used any means of interacting with the financial system, except for personal visits to branches. Because of this, when someone copied his check and created eight other fake ones based on it, then uploaded their images to the created online account and was able to deposit them in the account and cash them out, the businessman did not even know about it.

As a result, more than 60 thousand Canadian dollars were withdrawn from his account in such a simple way, but the bank reimbursed the first two fraudulent tranches. He refused to return all the rest, saying that John did not report the problem within 48 hours after it occurred.

"TD Bank states that it is not going to refund the money, because I did not report it in a timely manner. How could I do this if I don't have online banking?" the victim seems to ask fairly.

According to John, he receives an account statement once a month. The businessman is shocked that he has to cover losses, and adds that this will force him to close his business. A solution to the problem has not yet been found.