IntelBroker sells data and access to General Electric systems on a Shadow Forum

The corporation is still figuring out whether to believe the attacker.

A major American company General Electric (GE), known for its developments in the fields of renewable energy, aerospace and technology, has become the target of a potential cyber threat. Recently, on a hacker forum, an attacker using the pseudonym IntelBroker posted an ad that sells access to GE's development and software for $ 500.

When the sale attempt failed, IntelBroker expanded the offer, saying that it not only gained access to the corporate network, but also extracted files with sensitive information. It was about information related to military projects of the DARPA agency, including SQL files, technical documents and strategic reports.

h7wq1a223y4t43z6rndkzqhjss1ulgwc.png

The post stated verbatim: "I previously put up for sale access to General Electric, but no serious buyer showed interest and did not contact me. Now I sell data separately, including access via SSH, SVN, etc."

As evidence, the hacker published screenshots, which, according to him, show the compromised data packages of GE and the GE Aviation division.

GE officials say they are aware of the problem and are already investigating the alleged leak. The company promises to take all necessary measures to secure its systems.

IntelBroker is already familiar to cybersecurity researchers. Among the most high-profile incidents related to his name: hacking of the delivery service Weee! and the leak of personal information of D.C. Health Link customers.

D.C. Health Link is a Washington, DC-based health insurance exchange that is used by many White House and House of Representatives employees, as well as their family members. Then the criminal said that he managed to sell the company's database with the data of thousands of people. But until the investigation is completed, it is not clear whether to believe his words this time.